High-end production machining for tool and die making
Delivering highly precise results, computer numerical control (CNC) machining is one of the leading technologies used by today’s tool and die manufacturers. With CNC machining, operators program computers to control the movements of the machinery and tools being used in the tool and die making process.
At Engineering Specialties, Inc. (ESI), we utilize several types of CNC machining to efficiently produce accurate dies that create high-precision parts. Our unmatched precision ultimately yields significant cost savings for our metal stamping clients, eliminating costs associated with longer stamping runs, increased labor, and time spent fixing errors.
Machining Capabilities for Die Sets and Progressive Dies
ESI offers the following CNC machining capabilities:
- 5-axis CNC milling — CNC milling involves the use of a multitude of different rotating cutting tools to perform milling, sawing, and drilling functions. With CNC milling, the cutter has the ability to move along different axes — in ESI’s case, five axes — allowing it to make different shapes, slots, or holes. CNC comes into play through the use of programming software, employed to cut complex designs. CNC milling can be extremely useful in executing complicated designs that manual cutting or drilling could not achieve with the same level of precision.
- CNC turning with live tooling — CNC turning involves the placement of bars of metal or other materials into a collet, while a rotating tool shapes the bars. CNC software programs the movements of the tool removing the material to shape the bar, ensuring clean, accurate results.
- Wire EDM — Wire EDM cutting uses CNC to provide outstanding precision in cut pieces. ESI’s new high-speed wire EDM cutting machine uses not only numerical controls, but also 3D setup, smart threading, and a human-machine interface that allows adjustments to be made during the job — allowing for the highest level of precision possible.
Industries Benefitting From CNC
Stamped metal parts used by the automotive, aircraft, medical, and defense industries require the highest level of precision, which can only be met with a highly accurate die. CNC machining offers the required level of accuracy, producing high volumes of identical, high-quality parts. ESI also provides stringent quality control checks to ensure that every product meets each customer’s strictest requirements.
Virtually all manufacturing industries benefit from CNC production techniques to create exact tools and dies that will yield ideal results during the production process. Using high-level technology, we create tools and dies for your production runs that can achieve tight tolerances and easily produce high-volume runs.
For more than 25 years, ESI has been a trusted leader in custom metal stamping, production machining, and assembly, and we remain committed to delivering high-quality products while ensuring optimal value for our customers.
To learn more about our CNC machining capabilities and discuss how we can deliver the precision you need at lower costs, contact the team today.
- 5 Axis CNC Milling
- CNC Turning with Live Tooling
- Latest Wire EDM Equipment
- Solidworks, MasterCAM, AutoCAD, Esprit Software
- Aluminum to Hardened Steels and Exotic Alloys
- Multi-Axis Aircraft Machining
- Precision Medical Components
- Complex Shapes for Every Industry